How to Make Your House Look Spacious and Bright
If you have your own house, you will love to decorate it with the finest furniture and other stuffs to make your home beautiful. However, you will not appreciate any decorations when the place is enclosed and dark. Not all windows in your house are huge enough to make your interior bright. This is where you are going to need to use the different techniques in enhancing the light that comes in. So, here are some things you can do to improve your home in terms of light and space.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Light colors can help you make your space look brighter and bigger. The problem with using dark colors and bold patterns is that they make your space look enclosed. That is why, it is advisable to use light, smooth and plain wall colors instead. Having a plain wall doesn’t mean making your place very plain because you can always add the right accessories to make it personal and homely. Making your home look spacious and bright can help you when selling your house in the future. In the future, redecorating your home is not hard because plain white wall is likeable to everyone.
2. Another way to maximize the light coming in the room is to replace your doors and windows. For your door, you can change it with one having larger glass panels. Or, you can add a sliding glass patio door. You can also change your windows and get quotations from local companies. Changing your doors and windows with newer models don’t just make your room bright, but are also energy efficient. So, you are sure that your investment is worth it.
3. Having a large mirror inside the room can also help. Aside from bringing in personality into your room, it will improve the brightness in the room. The light can bounce around your room once you position the mirror opposite your window. Whatever room it is, a mirror can sure make a dramatic difference.
4. Carefully select blinds and curtains to be added. You can choose a blackout roller blind and thin curtains. Making the room dark and bright will not take much of your time with blackout roller blinds on your windows. And with thinner curtains, you can achieve the desired look of your window without having to keep the light.
5. Finally, have additional lights and lamps. During the night, your room will be much brighter when you have enough lights and lamps to light it up. For your larger rooms, consider having table lamps and statement floor lamp.
It is not actually hard to make your house spacious and bright, you just have to use these simple tips above.